Public Speech and Hearing Services in PEI

Audiology Services

Public hearing services are provided to all PEI residents through Health PEI. The main diagnostic clinic is located in Charlottetown. There are occasional regional clinics held in Summerside and in Alberton. For information on how to access public audiology services please contact:

Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peters Road
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Phone : 902-368-5807
Fax : 902- 620-3195

Speech Services for Preschool Children and Adults

Public speech services for preschool children and adults are available in PEI through Health PEI. Public services are provided in 6 clinics and 2 hospitals across PEI. For information on how to access services in your area, contact a center near you.

Community Hospital
14 MacKinnon Drive
PO Box 160, O'Leary,
PE, C0B 1V0
Telephone: (902) 859-8720
Fax: (902) 859-8701

Evangeline Community Health Centre
P.O. Box 119
Wellington, PE C0B 2E0
Telephone: (902) 854-7259
Fax: (902) 854-7270

205 Linden Avenue
Summerside, PE
C1N 2K4
Telephone: (902) 888-8160
Fax: (902) 888-8153

Audiology Public Services
Only at Sherwood Business Center
(902) 368-5807

Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peter’s Road
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4440
Fax: (902) 620-3195

Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8T5
Telephone: (902) 894-2099

126 Douse’s Road
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
Telephone: (902) 838-0762
Fax: (902) 838-0803

Regional Services Centre
PO Box 550
Souris, PE C0A 2B0
Telephone: (902) 687-7016
Fax: (902) 687-7100

Speech Services for School Children

Speech services for school children are available on PEI through the Public Schools Branch

Public Schools Branch

234 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford, PE C1B 2V8
(Mailing address: PO Box 8600, Charlottetown, PE C1A 8V7)
Telephone: (902) 368-6990
Fax: (902) 368-6960

Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
250 Water St., Suite 101
Summerside, PE
C1N 1B6
Telephone: (902) 438-4130
Fax: (902) 368-4622

La Commission scolaire de langue française

1596, route 124
Abram-Village (ÃŽ.-P.-É.)
C0B 2E0
Téléphone : (902) 854-2975
Télécopieur : (902) 854-2981 
[email protected]


May is Speech and Hearing Month
Read full article >


What do Speech-Language Pathologists do?

Speech-Language Pathologists are specialists in communication and swallowing disorders. More >

Who do SLPs work with?

Babies, children and adults with neurological or physical disabilities. More >

What do Audiologists do?

Audiologists are specialists trained at the Masters level to provide service in identifying and treating hearing loss and balance disorders. More >